There are several ways to tell whether a contractor is reliable and worthy of your trust:
- Ask for references: A reliable contractor should be able to provide you with a list of references from past clients who can attest to their workmanship and professionalism.
- Check their license and insurance: A reliable contractor should be licensed and insured to work in your area. This protects you from any liability if something goes wrong during the project. You can verify contractors through the Washington State Department of Labor & Industries site here.
- Look for reviews and ratings: Look for reviews and ratings for the contractor on websites such as Google, Facebook, Houzz, and the Better Business Bureau. These can provide valuable insights into the contractor’s reputation and reliability.
- Meet with the contractor in person: A reliable contractor should be willing to meet with you in person to discuss your project and provide you with a detailed estimate. This is a good opportunity to ask questions and get a feel for the contractor’s level of professionalism and expertise.
- Get everything in writing: A reliable contractor will provide you with a written contract that outlines the scope of work, materials to be used, cost, and timeline for the project. This protects both you and the contractor and ensures that both parties are clear on the terms of the agreement.
Overall, a reliable contractor should be professional, transparent, and have a proven track record of delivering high-quality work on time and within budget.
At Tops Solid Surface, we work with many of the best contractors in the South Sound are and we are happy to provide a referral list upon request for remodeling jobs outside of our normal scope.